My Year in the Country

I am the light of my adopted parents' life after generously allowing them to take me home. I adopted them at Hoboken Animal Hospital where I was having a "spa treatment" (deworming, ear mite removal, and minor plastic surgery after my injured tail was removed) because they looked so pathetic when they saw me. Now these two have gone off to China to teach English for a year, so I currently reside with the adopted grandparentals until they return. They live in the country, so there are lots of new things to see and do. I have agreed to pose for many endearing pictures and to recount my days' events here for all to purr over.
Meow.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hissssss...


Aren't the exotic hibiscus flowers lovely? Almost makes you want to get up close to them and maybe even weed around them. The flowers are platter-sized and very alluring. I found them alluring, too, but for other reasons....

Other Mother finally noticed my body language as I pointed to something queer and slithery just outside the door by the hibiscus. It had a long body and a pointy head and one beady eye looking back at me. Brrrrrrr.....the creepy thing gave me the yikes, but I stood my ground.



Other Mother went over to investigate and told me that it was just a little garter snake. Little, my foot! It was the size of an anaconda! Even Brother Cody said it looked like a boa! Other Mother is one crazy cat - she went outside to snap its photograph. She did take a broom with her though, just in case!

1 comment:

Cullen said...

Wow! You guys are so brave! I miss you guys! Thank you so much for keeping up this blog. Melissa and I really appreciate hearing from all of you!